Tuesday 27 October 2009

Samini wins at the oh so Political ‘MAMAS’


Congratulations to ‘our’ Samini who won Best Performer at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2009. Personally I find this Award Ceremony far too political to be taken seriously -but I’m very pleased that our Samini is getting the recognition he sooo rightly deserves. I might start taking the MAMAS more seriously when: Ghanaian, Congolese and Ivorian Artists are taken more seriously –but off cause this won’t happen, –as the people behind this organization all belong to one country and thus – only have one agenda. What a shame that MTV would lend their name to this!!! –and further perpetuate and encourage these poor deluded people behind the MAMAS... xx
,

2 comments:

  1. Well, we all want Ghana to rise, but I don't think Ghanaian music is there yet. Agree with you about the Congolese and Ivorian artists though. The awards are definitely suffering from some politics, I know this is for a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear MIghTy African –how are you?
    Thanks for your comments/views -but I'm wondering -what does, ‘I don't think Ghanaian music is there yet. Agree with you about the Congolese and Ivorian artists though’ –mean? Where has Congolese and Ivorian reached –that Ghanaian music has yet to reach? What does not there yet mean? Or are you talking about your very own preference in African music etc?

    Please note: it s not that -I need you to love Ghanaian music or even agree with my views –but I feel that my reality is very different from yours. I have found Ghanaian music [like Ghanaian food] to have mass [global] appeal. I have just come back from Belgium –where I partied [very hard] and the only [African] music I heard was Ghanaian, Congolese and Ivorian music [and 2Face’s African Queen]. Also, I have not heard any other African country’s music being used by European brands –to market, sell or promote their goods/services –other than Ghanaian music [please see the latest Cadbury’s advert etc]. Also, –at most dances/clubs/parties in Jamaica –they play Ghanaian Hip-Life –so I know what I am talking about when I say that Ghanaian music has mass appeal –in a way that many other African countries music – doesn’t. The reason I also mention Congolese and Ivorian music –is that I personally love them and when I have been in African clubs – [whether it’s in Switzerland, France, Spain, Holland, America etc] people just seem to gravitate toward the Ghanaian, Congolese and Ivorian music –and as the ‘MAMAS’ are aimed at the African market –I feel it should reflect this etc. Thanks

    ReplyDelete