Sunday 5 May 2013

OMGoodness Fire engulfs Kantamanto Market Accra, Ghana…..




Paulina Opoku-Gyimah says: What would I do without my Facebook friend Mr Amos Anyimadu? Always at the very forefront of events back home, I’ve just been alerted to the sad news –that a great fire has engulfed Kantamanto Market in Accra Ghana -earlier today… President John Dramani Mahama has just released the following statement:

 
“My dear countrymen and women, I have been briefed on the fire that engulfed the Kantamanto Market earlier today. VP Amissah-Arthur will be visiting the site shortly, and I have already directed the Security Agencies and NADMO to conduct preliminary needs assessment for the attention of the VP.

I am in South Africa now to officially open the 2nd Ordinary Session of the 3rd Parliament of the Pan-African Parliament and will return tomorrow evening. The current session is resuming just some weeks away from the 50th anniversary of the African Union. I'll be using my opening address tomorrow, Monday, to raise some matters for the consideration of colleague leaders, and also the generality of Africans.

May this week be a more productive one for all, and our sympathies to all who lost property in this morning. “ President John Dramani Mahama -Credit: https://www.facebook.com/JDMahama
 

*****This is just soooo sad; I wonder what will be done for those who have lost their livelihoods and all the other horrors that comes with such tragedies create?? I feel soo sad and helpless!!! God Help us!!


Paulina Opoku-Gyimah says: It’s a shame because I was going to bring news of President Mahama opening the Bui Hydroelectric Dam yesterday, which is set to bring “ on stream an additional 133 megawatts to the total national grid”. Anyway you can read all about it below:  

"Bui Hydroelectric Dam, which brings on stream an additional 133 megawatts to the total national grid, while we continue to work towards bringing on stream the entire 400 megawatts by the close of this year. And let me explain that this is not the official commissioning of this hydro power plant. This event represents the switch on of the 1st turbine of the plant. The official commissioning will take place sometime before the end of the year.

 I do not intend to speak much today as this is not yet the official commissioning, but it offers me a unique opportunity to pay tribute to all my predecessors, especially to the vision of our first President Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah who took the initial steps toward the development of this project; and to President John Agyekum Kufour for prioritizing and accelerating work on this project."  President John Dramani Mahama


For more info visit: https://www.facebook.com/JDMahama

No comments:

Post a Comment