Sunday 21 July 2013

Photography: Philip Kofi Ashon’s Kofimusings captures the soul of Ghana……beautifully


Just magical –she is sooo free. This is what childhood is about in Ghana….

Just exquisite –look at the colours –she might look like she’s struggling to some –but to me, she is moving forward in the most stylish manner. This image is beyond fashion and I’m inspired.

I don’t know how Philip Kofi Ashon has managed to achieve this but this iconic image looks like a painting… God Bless the subject…
 





 


Fabulous fun in the Ghanaian sunshine...

 

  A future archaeologists –me thinks…


Ghana's celebrity couple du jour.....



Philip Kofi Ashon has managed to capture this wonderful man’s personality –no? You can tell he’s a character, and a warm one at that. He looks like he has seen it all!!!  I love his style –and the way he has put his keys and his swagger man chains –together. He is very stylish and charming.  
 

This is colour popping beautiful. Ghana is not Ghana without weddings....


  We Ghanaians/ Africans are incredible –God bless this subject and give her all her hearts desires…


I love this iconic image paaaaaaaaaaaaaa....


Paulina Opoku-Gyimah says: When you stumble upon true gems you have to share it and I’m doing just that with Philip Kofi Ashon’s photographs ---of a fabulous cross section of Ghana’s peoplessss via his Kofimusings fan page on Facebook.

I’m sooo thankful to Philip Kofi Ashon’s for these moving images –as they help me to once again see what an incredible, tenacious, beautiful salt-of-the-earth people -we Ghanaians are.  I truly love Philip Kofi Ashon’s happy, optimist style and the way his subjects warm to him –he needs to put these images and more into a book….and get publishing.

I don’t know much about photographer Kofi, only that he is a, “broadcaster, Journalist, photo journalist, social media evangelist and Blogger” and a “passionate believer in the growth and development of media in Ghana and Africa. I have the pleasure to pursue this with the Most Innovative Newsroom in Africa, 97.3 Citi FM. I love technology and God guides my every step. I like the random things in this life.”

Anyway, I’m going to let his lovely photographs above speak for themselves –and look forward to working with him someday soon.

Note, the above photographs are just a few of Kofi’s vast portfolio of the amazing people of Ghana –which includes celebrities and farmers alike –thus, to see the rest visit: http://kofimusings.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Kofimusings

 
***Credit: all photos above come courtesy of Philip Kofi Ashon’s Kofimusings….

No comments:

Post a Comment