Friday 10 April 2009

Black Star: Freddie Adu








“Obviously, I’m at the beginning of my career, contrary to what anyone else thinks, -I’m 19 years old. In any other country, everywhere else, you’re a prospect. And that’s what I am right now in Europe. I’m a prospect. I’m not a seasoned veteran. They don’t see me as somebody who has played five years as a professional already. They see me as one of the prospects and I have to earn my way into the team and into the lineup, and that’s what I’m in the process of doing.” Freddie Adu

God Bless Freddie Adu (Fredua Koranteng "Freddy" Adu. He was born in Tema) -who is currently on loan from S.L. Benfica (Portugal) -and playing in Ligue 1 for AS Monaco. Ex boyfriend of pop/R&B singing sensation, JoJo -Freddie became the youngest ever footballer to play professionally in Major League Soccer (with DC) at the age of 14. Freddie die-hard fans will remember the iconic -Nike advert (above) and even though he has a few detractors (don't believe the hype, Freddie is still hot) -I believe that Freddie is very much at the beginning of his game -in Europe, and he will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment