Monday 26 May 2014

Ghana Rising Hearts Virgil Abloh




 Virgil Abloh and Kanye West in black....

 

 
Behind the Scenes with Virgil Abloh, Kanye West's Style Adviser


 
 

 

"My parents are from Ghana, and I grew up in Chicago, but for some reason, this lifestyle, shabby chic—it’s grown [on me] since I got older." Virgil Abloh

 

 

Paulina says: I first clocked Virgil Abloh on that episode of 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' --you know the one where Kanye proposed to Kim, --and just knew Abloh was a Ghanaian name!!!

I made a note to google Mr Abloh but as always, life got in the way, and then the whole hullabaloo about that 'wedding' started and up popped that name again -and got me wondering, who is Virgil Abloh!!!!

Then a simple tap on la Internet and wooosh -the fabulous, eclectic and uber creative world of Chicago-raised, fashion designer, architect, Kanye's creative director and stylist, DJ and all round man-around-town came to light.

I found out that Virgil was a big part of team Kanye. That he was the man behind Kanye's evolution from street rapper to front-row/creative/cultured respected fashion insider, -and --also the man behind successful urban label Pyrex Vision -and now,---haute fashion house Off-White, a more high-end unisex label.

I know I always say this but I'm not surprised that one of the most powerful black male fashion insiders from across the pond, one of the big wigsss behind Le Kanye 'creative' team is Ghanaian ---Ghanaian men are the best dressed men on the planet after all -period.

I would love to see Mr Virgil Abloh doing something in Ghana, maybe showing his new Off--White collection at this years Ghana Fashion & Design Week (GFDW).

For more info about Virgil Abloh and his new Off White collection visit: http://www.off---white.com/
http://instagram.com/virgilabloh
https://www.facebook.com/virgilabloh1715

 

Do read to following interviews
http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/12/virgil-abloh-is-inspired-by-martha-stewart.html
http://www.style.com/stylefile/2013/12/virgil-abloh-kanye-west-off-white/
 

1 comment:

  1. Sugar Mummy is Real!!!
    Do you need Sugar Mummy/Daddy? Hurry up now and contact Mrs Sandra on (08140553826) she just linked/hooked me up with a rich sugar mummy after I have been played/scamed online by some other people all the name of sugar mummy, no much talks hurry up now call her (Mrs. Sandra) on (+2348140553826) and testify/see for your own self don’t waist time, she is genuine, just follow her rules and in 24hours she will link you up! Allah she is nice.

    ReplyDelete