Friday 19 October 2012

Is Sister Deborah’s 'Uncle Obama' proving too controversial?




“It has nothing to do with the president, no and nothing to do with politics. I know he (Obama) is a cool person and I don’t expect him to get offended. But if he is offended in anyway, I do apologize. It’s not about him.” Deborah Vanessa Owusu-Bonsu aka Sister Deborah

 

 

I’ve been blogging at Ghana Rising for just over three years -and most of you have worked out that ……what I choose to leave off La Blog is sometimes more powerful than what I choose to blog about!!!

And Deborah Vanessa Owusu-Bonsu aka Sister Deborah’s mega hit, 'Uncle Obama' is no exception!!!

That I chose not put Ghana Rising fave and uber fashion icon/ socialite, Sister Deborah’s mega hit, 'Uncle Obama' on La Blog is very telling!!!

Its not that I don’t like said fashionista, no way, because I still think Ms Owusu-Bonsu is pretty fabulous but …..I’m a big fan of President Obama and find said tune -somewhat disrespectful….

Still….'Uncle Obama' is proving very popular (it is very catchy after all) -and its somewhat risqué, nudge-nudge-wink-wink verve is proving very controversial …..so much so that….CNN felt the need to call Sister Deborah -to find out more about said song and the meaning behind the lyrics…

….I don’t know, but I feel….Sister Deborah handled herself very well on CNN (above) …… What do you think?

 




https://www.facebook.com/deborahvanessa007

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g-8OV69m74Y

1 comment:

  1. Sure she did. She obviously wasn't talking about Obama. But she hasn't said if the lyrics are to be taken literally or there's something else. It sounds like a nursery rhyme but if you play it a few times u may find yourself repeating it against your wishes x_x

    ReplyDelete