Sunday, 16 June 2013

OMgoodness Fire destroys a sizable part of Kumasi market….

Title: There was yet another market fire in Kumasi today!
Dated: 16 -6- 13
A sizable part of the Kumasi Central Market has been razed down by fire. The inferno started in the early hours of Sunday June 16. Over 60 shops and sheds has been reduced to ashes.
Personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service and the police were on hand to control the fire so some shops could be salvaged. Teaming members of the general public and some traders who showed up upon hearing the news were prevented from entering the market to prevent looting.
Addressing the media, the Ashanti Regional Minister promised the traders that government will come to their aid in due time. He also promised no stone will be left unturned to unravel the mysteries of market fires lately.
Some traders who spoke to Ultimate Radio asked for immediate government support.
Speculations are rife that the market could have been caused by an electrical fault but some traders who spoke to Ultimate Radio have their doubts.
“We heard last week that this market will be burnt. There were rumours on radio and in the market that the market was going to burnt this week. I don’t think this was caused by any electrical faults. Anyway, where the fire started had no connection to electricity,” a trader revealed.
Officials of the fire service at the scene told Ultimate Radio that their main challenge was getting access to the market.
Credit: Ultimate Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment