Friday 25 October 2013

The state of the Nation: Gifty Andoh Appiah of Joy News TV, Ghana discusses Public lavatories in Nima, Accra in award winning film clip...


OMGoodness...... I've watched a piece about public toilets in Nima, Accra Ghana and I can't believe it.......I've never seen anything like it...........

I can't comprehend the unsanitiery public toilets shown in Gifty Andoh Appiah of Joy News TV, Ghana's award wining clip shot in Nima, Accra.....

I don't know what to say... Our people shouldn't be living like this!!!!

If the mayor of Accra is planning on phasing out public toilets -I wonder..... is the government of Ghana planning on building on more better planned, sanitised, subsiduced public toilets or are they relying on landlords to build inferior toilets????
I am beyond shocked..... Can you imagine having to walk in someone elses fecies??? This isn't on...but I'm soooo glad Ms Andoh Appiah choose to cover this topic... we can no longer sweep it under the carpet and pretend it dosen't exquist because the people using these inferior services have no power, thus have no voice.....
...... I wonder..... would something be done about these public toilets if members of Ghana's government and their families had to use them?????

Also where do the folks wash their hands after using these facilities????? And folks using newspaper, what is that????

Omgoodness...maybe I'm showing my ignorance -but I truly had no idea!!! I have wept paaapaaaa tonight.... I have truly wept..

You can watch the award winning clip via: http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/international/2013/10/10/aja-2013-television-news-bulletin-award-clip.cnn.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment